Looking to spice up your first dance at your wedding? Many people think of a first dance as a slow waltz or traditional foxtrot, but you can find just as much romance in an untraditional style as well...let’s talk salsa!
Salsa emerged in New York in the 1970s. It was a mix of other popular dances of the time, such as cha cha, mambo and swing. This concoction gave dancers unique rhythms and patterns that became very popular among the social scene.
Although salsa is still a popular social dance (click HERE for places to salsa in Chicago!), it is generally overlooked when it comes to wedding first dances. However, this is a great style for couples looking to do something unexpected, romantic, and fun! Think you won’t be able to find a romantic salsa song? Check out our list below for some favorites that are perfect for a first salsa dance.
- "Como Fue" by Ibahim Ferrer
- "Tu Amor Me Hace Bien" by Marc Anthony
- "Ven Devorame" Lalo Rodriguez
- "Anhelo" by Adolescentes Orquestra
- "Just the Way You Are" by Alex D'Castro
- "Lady" by Orquesta La Palabra
- "You Are My Home" by Chayanne, featuring Vanessa Williams
- "Thinking of You" by Lenny Kravitz
What is your favorite salsa song? Please share with us!