If you are having a wedding and are a big fan of "Mad Men", you will love this list of vintage first dance songs. There are many romantic songs from the 60s and many of them are true classics. Here are my top 20 first dance songs from the Mad Men era along with the appropriate dance style(s) to each song. No need to google these songs as there is a playlist included at the bottom. Enjoy!
1. "I'm A Believer" by The Monkees - Swing
2. "Dream a Little Dream of Me" by The Mamas and the Papas - Rumba
3. "You Send Me" by Sam Cooke - Rumba
4. "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King - Rumba
5. "Happy Together" by The Turtles - Rumba / Hustle
6. "In My Life" by The Beatles - Rumba
7. "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys - Swing / Foxtrot
8. "I Got You (I Feel Good)" by James Brown - Swing
9. "So Much In Love" by The Tymes - Slow Foxtrot
10. "You Got It" by Roy Orbison - Rumba / Hustle
11. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground - Slow Foxtrot / Rumba
12. "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Frankie Valli - Rumba / Hustle
13. "Time Has Told Me" by Nick Drake - Waltz
14. "I Love Your Lovin' Way" by Nina Simone - West Coast Swing
15. "Something" by The Beatles - Slow Foxtrot
16. "I Was Made To Love Her" by Stevie Wonder - Rumba
17. "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys - Rumba / Hustle
18. "Reach Out, I'll be There" by Four Tops - Rumba / Hustle
19. "You're All I Need To Get By" by Marvin Gaye, Tammi Terrell - Rumba
20. "Never My Love" by The Association - Rumba
Did I miss out any great love songs from the 60s? What is your favorite first dance song from the Mad Men era? Please share with us!
Szewai (C-Y) Lee is the founder of Duet Dance Studio, a Chicago dance studio that offers Latin and ballroom dance lessons, wedding dance lessons, and BYOB dance parties. Besides dancing, Szewai enjoys discovering hidden gems in the city, finding great music and making short videos about people and things that inspire her.
You can find Szewai on Google+