Your first dance at your wedding should be romantic and memorable to you and your guests. Choosing a song that is meaningful to you and has a good timing for dancing is the key to creating a beautiful first dance. To help you get started, check out these classic first dance ideas listed below!
1. "The Best is Yet to Come" by Frank Sinatra - Foxtrot
2. "L.O.V.E." by Nat King Cole - Foxtrot or Swing
3. "Love is Here to Stay" by Frank Sinatra - Foxtrot
4. "Moon River" by Audrey Hepburn - Waltz
5. "Fascination" by Jane Morgan - Waltz
6. "Close to You" by The Carpenters - Rumba
7. "You Send Me" by Sam Cooke - Rumba or Modified Foxtrot
8. "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke - Foxtrot or Swing
9. "Dream a Little Dream of Me" by Mamas & the Papas - Rumba
10. "In My Life" by The Beatles - Rumba
What is favorite classic first dance song? Please share it with me!
"Close to You" by The Carpenters. This is also my mom's favorite :)
Szewai (C-Y) Lee is the founder of Duet Dance Studio, a Chicago dance studio that offers Latin and ballroom dance lessons, wedding dance instruction, and BYOB dance parties. Besides dancing, Szewai enjoys discovering hidden gems in the city, finding great music and making short videos about people and things that inspire her.You can find Szewai on LinkedIn and Google+.