Below are some of my favorite songs that my couples used in 2012. They are all unique and great for dancing. I have included dance styles that are appropriate for each song. I hope you find this list helpful.
1. “Lovesong” by Adele – Rumba
2. “Stuck Like Glue” by Sugarland – Foxtrot or Swing
3. “Let It Be Me” by Ray LaMontagne – Waltz
4. “Lucky” by Kat Edmonson – Swing
5. “Baby” by Devendra Banhart – Swing (Triple or West Coast)
6. “You and Me” by Dave Mathews Band - Slow Foxtrot or Swing
7. "You and Me" by Penny and The Quarters - Rumba
8. “Question” by Old 97s – Foxtrot/Swing
9. “Better Together" by Jack Johnson – Foxtrot or Swing
10. “Real Love” by The Beatles – Rumba
What’s your favorite first dance song? Please share with me. And if you have a song that you'd like to dance to but aren't sure about the dance style, comment below and I'll be happy to listen to it and figure it out with you!
Szewai (C-Y) Lee is the founder of Duet Dance Studio, a Chicago dance studio that offers Latin and ballroom dance lessons, wedding dance instruction, and BYOB dance parties. Besides dancing, Szewai enjoys discovering hidden gems in the city, finding great music and making short videos about people and things that inspire her.You can find Szewai on LinkedIn and Google+.