During a busy wedding reception, the Father-Daughter dance offers a few special moments set aside for you and your dad to spend some personal time together. It’s a chance for him to whisper in your ear how proud he is or a moment for you to thank him for his love and support. The Father-Daughter dance can be a playful expression of joy, or it can be a sweet and tender moment. Ultimately the dance should showcase your relationship, both past and present.
If you’re looking for a unique Father-Daughter dance song that isn’t corny, overplayed, or used by every other bride, you’ve come to the right place. The wedding experts at Duet Dance have assembled a list of songs and identified the dance style(s) which work best for each song. Make sure you check out our other blogs where you can learn the basic steps of several dance styles to DIY a very special Father-Daughter dance.
1. Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Velvet - Smooth Swing and Foxtrot
2. Memories Are Made of This by Dean Martin - Foxtrot and Single Swing
3. Wild World by Cat Stevens - Foxtrot and Single Swing
4. Sweet Child of Mine by Cheryl Crow - Foxtrot and Single Swing
5. I’ve Just Seen A Face by the Beatles - Smooth Swing and Slow Foxtrot
6. Here Comes the Sun by Nina Simone - Foxtrot
7. Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFarin - Single Swing and Foxtrot
8. Ain’t That Love by Ray Charles - Smooth Swing and Foxtrot
9. Sweet Pea by Amos Lee - Foxtrot and Smooth Swing
10. God Only Knows by The Beach Boys - Foxtrot and Smooth Swing
11. Wildflowers by Tom Petty - Single Swing and Slow Foxtrot (or Two Step if you’re up for a challenge!)
12. By Your Side by Sade - Slow Foxtrot and Single Swing
13. How You’ve Grown by 10,000 Maniacs - Slow Foxtrot
14. Jackie Wilson Said by the Belfast Cowboys - Foxtrot and Single Swing
15. My Darling by Wilco - Slow Foxtrot and Single Swing
16. Sweet Child of Mine by Vitamin String Quartet - Rumba and Smooth Swing
17. Turn! Turn! Turn! By The Byrds - Foxtrot
18. When I’m Sixty-Four by the Beatles - Single Swing and Foxtrot
What's your favorite Father-Daughter dance song? Please share with us! You may also want to check out our Favorite Wedding First Dance Songs!
Need help with your father-daughter dance? Our wedding dance experts at Duet Dance are happy to help you!
Cover photo credit: Modern Wedding Solutions
The Duet Team is a group of friendly dancers who are passionate about helping people and sharing the joy of ballroom dance. And we love to make new friends and have fun at work! Our studio, Duet Dance Studio, is a boutique studio located in Chicago West Bucktown. We offer ballroom dance lessons, wedding dance instruction and kids dance classes. Skype dance lessons are also available! Dances we teach include Salsa, Swing, Tango, Bachata, Merengue, Waltz and Foxtrot. Sign up for an introductory dance lesson now to get started!