During a busy wedding reception, the Father-Daughter dance offers a few special moments set aside for you and your dad to spend some personal time together. It’s a chance for him to whisper in your ear how proud he is or a moment for you to thank him for his love and support. The Father-Daughter dance can be a playful expression of joy, or it can be a sweet and tender moment. Ultimately the dance should showcase your relationship, both past and present.
If you’re looking for a unique Father-Daughter dance song that isn’t corny, overplayed, or used by every other bride, you’ve come to the right place. The wedding experts at Duet Dance have assembled a list of songs and identified the dance style(s) which work best for each song. Make sure you check out our other blogs where you can learn the basic steps of several dance styles to DIY a very special Father-Daughter dance.
1. Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Velvet - Smooth Swing and Foxtrot
2. Cecilia and the Satellite by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness - Rumba and smooth swing.
3. Little Wonders by Rob Thomas - Slow foxtrot and single swing
4. Pride and Joy by Stevie Ray Vaughan - Single swing and rumba
5. Little Bitty Pretty One by Thurston Harris - Single swing
6. I Got You by Jack Johnson - Rumba and smooth swing
7. I Love You Because by Johnny Cash - Rumba and single swing
8. Only One by Kanye West - Bachata, rumba and smooth swing
9. Daddy by Beyonce - Slow fox and single swing
10. As by Stevie Wonder - Rumba and smooth swing
11. Shining Star by Earth, Wind and Fire - Rumba and smooth swing
12. The Best Part of Me by Lee Brice - Slow foxtrot and single swing
13. Love Without End, Amen by George Strait - Slow foxtrot and smooth swing
14. Memories Are Made of This by Dean Martin - Foxtrot and Single Swing
15. Wild World by Cat Stevens - Foxtrot and Single Swing
16. Sweet Child of Mine by Cheryl Crow - Foxtrot and Single Swing
17. I’ve Just Seen A Face by the Beatles - Smooth Swing and Slow Foxtrot
18. Here Comes the Sun by Nina Simone - Foxtrot
19. Don’t Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFarin - Single Swing and Foxtrot
20. Ain’t That Love by Ray Charles - Smooth Swing and Foxtrot
21. Sweet Pea by Amos Lee - Foxtrot and Smooth Swing
22. God Only Knows by The Beach Boys - Foxtrot and Smooth Swing
23. Wildflowers by Tom Petty - Single Swing and Slow Foxtrot (or Two Step if you’re up for a challenge!)
24. By Your Side by Sade - Slow Foxtrot and Single Swing
25. How You’ve Grown by 10,000 Maniacs - Slow Foxtrot
26. Jackie Wilson Said by the Belfast Cowboys - Foxtrot and Single Swing
27. My Darling by Wilco - Slow Foxtrot and Single Swing
28. Sweet Child of Mine by Vitamin String Quartet - Rumba and Smooth Swing
29. Turn! Turn! Turn! By The Byrds - Foxtrot
30. When I’m Sixty-Four by the Beatles - Single Swing and Foxtrot
What's your favorite Father-Daughter dance song? Please share with us! You may also want to check out our Favorite Wedding First Dance Songs!
Need help with your father-daughter dance? Our wedding dance experts at Duet Dance are happy to help you!
Cover photo credit: Modern Wedding Solutions
The Duet Team is a group of friendly dancers who are passionate about helping people and sharing the joy of ballroom dance. And we love to make new friends and have fun at work! Our studio, Duet Dance Studio, is a boutique studio located in Chicago West Bucktown. We offer ballroom dance lessons, wedding dance instruction and kids dance classes. Skype dance lessons are also available! Dances we teach include Salsa, Swing, Tango, Bachata, Merengue, Waltz and Foxtrot. Sign up for an introductory dance lesson now to get started!